Monday, September 24, 2012

The sounds of silence...

On the blog at least. On the home front we have never been busier. On July 21st We welcomed
 
Darcy Elizabeth  7 lbs 4 oz
She is a very sweet loving baby that wants nothing more than to eat and be cuddled (which explains my lack of internet presence). She was born at home and was delivered after a very easy 4 hour labor. Things could not have gone smoother! Her brothers are very smitten, which is more than I could have hoped for. After seeing the three of them beat each other up my entire pregnancy I will admit I feared for her safety and my sanity. Things do get a little crazy around here but that is to expect with four kids 4 and under! Darcy has grown well and is an absolute sweetheart.

How could you not want to love and squeeze that face?? I know I am biased and all but can I hear an awwwww? Thank goodness she is a pretty good sleeper. Momma gets a bit crazy with no sleep, 5 hours a night is just enough crazy to keep me going. That and coffee....if I could have a love affair with coffee I would. I got a job at Starbucks in college just for the free coffee.

Shortly after she was born I got a little stir crazy, like I've been known to do, and packed up all four kids and the dog and went to Niagara Falls, NY. We had a blast! The car ride wasn't too bad, the boys are troopers and Darcy was young enough she pretty much slept the whole time. The night at the hotel on the other hand...Oh Ma Gawd. I just drove through the next night instead of trying THAT again. That was how I imagine a preschool frat house would look if they did, in fact, have frat houses at that age. There was bed jumping and toliet splashing and dog chasing and brother attacking and giggling, lots of giggling. But what there wasn't was much sleeping on the kids part and absolutely none on mine! We still managed to see the American side of the Falls and have some fun. Site seeing as you could imagine is a bit rough with my brood, we always get lots of looks and stares and TONS of comments. We rode the trolly around so we could fit everything in and the novelty kept the kids interest. Then we had lunch at a restaurant that over looked the falls. It was gorgeous but of course I forgot to get photos of it...there was food involved.

The American Falls
Hi Canada!!!

The boys. Of course Logan fell asleep right as we got to the Falls. Don't worry he woke up eventually.

Dillan. When I see him like this I feel like teenage years are right around the corner...
But then he does this and I relax because he is still my little boy!


Shortly after that we took a trip to the kid's Dad's house so he could meet Darcy. I left the boys and Darcy and I went out and got my hair done and went and visited the wonderful ladies at Quilting Adventures to visit and of course go fabric shopping.
The day after we got home the older two started school. This was Dillan's first year of preschool. He has been so excited about going all summer (its actually how I convinced him to potty train!)
Pardon crappy phone photo, I had grand illusions of a Pintrest worthy photo but the camera was still packed and the kids were bouncing off the wall and the baby was crying and...well you get the idea. It was documented, good enough!

So now that the boys are in school in the morning and I just have the two kids I am hoping/planning/needing to get some sewing done. Now that the weather is getting cold I am starting to see gaping holes in everybody's wardrobes. I am trying to get what I can at thrift stores because as much as I would love to have handmade wardrobes for us all it just isn't an option at this point in life.
Now that things are starting to "settle down" I am hoping to be around here more and sewing even more! So stay tuned, I have quite a few projects in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment